Saturday, June 1, 2013

Currently concepting an environment for a personal project. After sketching ideas in my sketchbook, these were the best thumbnails that will be used for production paintings. Did these thumbnails after seeing Robh Ruppel's process work. Robh produces great work, and he uses basic geometric shapes to create dynamic thumbnails. As Robh says, "if it reads well as flat, poster shapes, then the final render with details will be even better." Also looked at a good deal of work from the Hudson River School. Epic landscapes is what they created, and they are magnificent. Look at Frederic Church, Savrasov, or Bierstadt for some inspiring images.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, nice work. Are you available for freelance work? I have a project that need some environment concept done and I think you may fit the role and I would like to talk more about it with you. Let me know. trompoly.ma@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete